Sitting Without Support - 7 months 12 Days

Days were passing very fast and Richie had completed 7 months. He was not ready to sit unsupported yet. I had read that babies start sitting on their own at 6 months and here my baby was going plop on the floor as soon as I left my hands. My hubby was reassuring and telling me not to worry saying he will take his own pace. I guess mothers are always the worried lot. ;)

Yeah, actually babies reach different milestones at different times. No 2 babies are exactly the same. Some start rolling over fast, some directly walk rather than crawling. So there is absolutely no need to worry. And the most important thing is "Do not compare your baby to others". Just provide your baby with the necessary love and care and see him/her growing stronger day by day.

Richie is a healthy baby. He started rolling on to the tummy at 4 months and rolling in both directions at 6 months. And I guess he was happy rolling over and reaching his destination. Maybe he didn't feel the need to do otherwise. So in order to achieve his new milestone, Richie and I did a lot of sitting sessions and playing on the floor. We taught him how to hold his hands on the floor for support. Slowly he started getting the confidence in himself. Now he sits unsupported playing with his toys. And he has started loving it... to sit just like all of us. He looks at us and smiles. Maybe he gets a sense of independence.

No comments:

Post a Comment