Practicing hard to sit on his own

Richie is trying his best to sit on his own. Everyday he practices by putting weight on his hands and pushing himself up. He is almost there. Just needs to shift his leg position once he gains control. 1 week back, he was in his bed, and I was in the kitchen. When I turned back, he was sitting and smiling at me. I don’t know how he did it, maybe took support of the pillows or side of the bed. But there he was smiling and saying “Mama, look, I sat on my own”. He is 8 months 8 days old now. Maybe a bit late to achieve this milestone as compared to other babies. But every child is unique. He is developing his language skills better than gross motor skills.

He is very eager to achieve this milestone of sitting up on his own. I have noticed that if he cannot do something, he puts in every effort to reach it. The coolest part is he even gets up from his sleep and keeps trying as if sleep walking. He feels desperate and cries when he cannot do it. But he doesn’t give up. He did the same thing when he wanted to turn on his tummy. I know he is close and will reach his target soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment