Kumon - pursuing my Japanese studies

My baby has grown up and has become very loving and understanding. Though there are times when he throws tantrums, he is well-behaved most of the time.

After 7.5 months of hiatus, I decided to do some new activity. I thought I will pursue my Japanese studies. I inquired at the KUMON centre for Japanese studies. They said that I could join them after giving a test to check my current level of Japanese. Now the point was, who will take care of my baby while I am away. It was getting difficult to find day-care centre in the place where I live, as they are already fully occupied. When I asked the teacher, she said I can keep my baby near me in the class. So that was it. Richie and I are both learning Japanese together. He loves to be in the class, watching what people are doing and learning Japanese too. It is like 2 people are studying in the cost of 1 (just kidding);).

Features of the Kumon Japanese Language Program (taken from the site)

The learning materials are designed for self-study.
Each student can study the level that suits his or her current ability.
The course is broken into small steps, for faster understanding and advancement.
The materials are aimed at developing reading comprehension skills.
Students obtain a high level of proficiency in Japanese.
The basis of the program is home study.
The course can be taken either in class or through correspondence.
Students can start at any time.

For people who would like to join KUMON in Japan, here is a link for you.
Kumon - Japanese Learning Program

Also you can make your inquiries for free at the below given number.
Toll free: 0120-494625 (9:20 ~ 17:45)
Available in Japanese, English, Portuguese, Chinese and Korean.
3F Gobancho Grand Bldg., 3-1 Gobancho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 〒102-0076
Fax: 03-3234-4389 E-mail: japanese@kumon.co.jp

No comments:

Post a Comment