I want to see mama when I wake up

I am full time working mother and currently on childcare leave for 1 year. During the week, I am alone, taking care of Richie, rather we both have loads of fun together. Our daily routine is somewhat fixed. I wake up little bit early to make breakfast and to finish most of my daily chores. When my little one wakes up, I am around and take care of his needs.

On weekends, the schedule is different. Dada sleeps till late and hence Richie loves to be in bed till then. If Richie wakes up, dada takes care of him. Recently the pattern has changed. As soon as he wakes up, he searches for me and cries if I am not around, even if dada is there. Once I come in, he is happy and raises his arms so as to say "Mama, take me in your arms". Earlier, he used to wake up and give a nice smile. But now he just cries. I wonder why!! Definately, he loves his dada a lot and the two of them have lots of fun together. But when he wakes up, he wants his mom near him. Have you also come across such a change in behaviour? He changed after completing 7.5 months. I read that babies develop separation anxiety after the 6 month. Maybe that's what it is. Separation from mama who is the primary caretaker.

No comments:

Post a Comment