Saying his first words mum-mum-mum

It feels so good to be in control of my life again. My baby has learnt to play on his own, occasionally, needing assurance that mom is there to take care of him if there is anything he needs. In between his play, he looks at me, smiles and gets back to what he is doing.

Last weekend we took Richie to the shopping mall and he played a lot in the babies section. It took us almost 4 hours by the time we finished our shopping and got home. Richie was so hungry that he started saying "mum-mum-mum". That means “give me food”. I was surprise when I heard it the first time. Were my ears just ringing? But when he repeated it again I was sure. He uttered his first words and that too he said it when he needed it. Earlier,he had said ba-bu,ga,gi,aaa,uu, but it was just blabbering once in a while.

He has this habit of quietly listening when we teach him and then one fine day he exhibits what he has learnt. It was fantastic. He exactly completed 7 months last weekend. I guess he is early for his age and it feels great to see him achieving this new milestone.

No comments:

Post a Comment