6 month old baby feeding and sleep schedule

After all these days of on-demand feeding, I realized that Richie is still not getting enough. He was always hungry. I wondered, “what is going wrong? am I not feeding him properly?” I realized that though I was feeding him, it was all haphazard. He used to be not hungry enough and then refuse food. I used to think he had his feed and next within an hour he was hungry again.

My friend advised me to make a schedule. She said, once he is on a schedule, he will wake up for his feed at the stipulated time. Yes, it will seem difficult initially, but will be very beneficial to both of you in the long run. Some days in the schedule, and I am a happy mom. I even get time to blog as I am no longer worried whether he is getting enough. When it is time to eat, I feed him and he too is happy.

I am posting Richie’s schedule here. I thought, it might help someone who, like me is craving for time to do something for themselves. This schedule is just a guideline and you can change it to suit your baby.

8am – Wake up, drink breast milk/formula
8.30 - Play and Sleep (about 2 hours)
11am – Breast milk/Juice/Water and Play/Learn/Exercise
1pm – Lunch of rice and vegetable
1 – Sleep for 2-3 hours
3.30pm - Drink breast milk/Formula
4-6pm - Play, go for a walk in the park, drink water/juice
6.30pm – Light Snacks sweet potatoe, apple/banana puree, fruits yoghurt etc
7pm – Oil Massage and Bath
8pm – Catnap for 30 mins if the bath was too tiring;)
8.30pm – Dinner of rice porridge with fish/vegetables
11pm – Breast milk/formula
11.30pm – Sleep (+wakes up once or twice for feeds)

No comments:

Post a Comment