First week - Baby's first year of life

I thought of creating a series of baby's first year of life blogs. This will contain in brief, all the wonderful milestones baby has accomplished and is accomplishing... This is how I can track his progress and feel proud of his achievements. So one day, we both can read it together.:)

After delivery, Richie was brought to me. He weighed around 3024 gms and measured about 47.2 cms. I held my sweetie pie close to my heart and was lost in my dreamworld. The feeling was great. :)I guess it was mutual.Richie spent most of the first week in the hospital under the watchful eyes of the doctors and mid-wives.As kids, we used to play with dolls, feeding them, bathing them etc. And today here I was, holding a live soul, who was solely dependent on me for everything.
The mid-wives took care of his feeding and change of nappies etc. on the first day as I was tired. He was given bottle milk that night. My hubby stayed back at the hospital.
I was waiting eagerly to hold my baby again. The next day we woke early and went to the babies room. The mid-wife brought our baby to us. He was sleeping soundly, tucked up in a warm blanket. We were proud parents of a beautiful baby boy and we let the feeling to sink-in. We could not help admiring our own creation and just kept watching him for a long time.
The next few days went fast. Everyday Richie and I had checkups. Then I had sessions on how to take care of the newborn, feeding, bathing etc. Richie used to be with me most of the time. The toughest thing for me that time was burping. Silly right? But yes, I was not able to burp him and he used to throw out a lil later. I was afraid that he was not having enough. Doctors and parents advised me that throwing up is just normal and there is no need to worry. The hospital stay was good, interacting with other moms and sharing each others experiences.
I still remember how once I got shivers down my spine thinking of whether I will be able to take care of my baby well. But I maintained a positive attitude and boosted my self confidence saying that we can do everything very easily. Nothing is difficult in this world if we maintain a positive outlook.

No comments:

Post a Comment