24 weeks pregnant - Doctor's Appointment

Today, I have completed 24 weeks of pregnancy. It feels great to be coming close to the target date of delivery. Baby is kicking a lot sometimes and sometimes he is busy sleeping in his cozy nest. It is such a sweet sensation to feel him moving in the womb. My friends can’t help touching my tummy to feel him. Whenever I eat some spicy food, I guess he gets hiccups and I can feel his constant movements. My sweet little baby!! I try to avoid things which may upset him.

I had been to the doctor and he said things are going on well. Baby is weighing more than 600 grams. From crown to heel, he is measuring 11.8 inches/30 centimetres. My weight has increased by 2kgs, which according to the doctor is a good sign. I have blood pressure and urinalysis which is normal. Soon I will be having a blood test in the next visit. The doctors visit will be every 15-20 days from now onwards instead of 1 month.

I am continuing with my folic acid, iron and calcium supplements with regular healthy food consisting of salads,vegetables, dals, fish, rice, little chicken & lamb and also milk before going to sleep. I see to it that we 2 are getting all the required proteins, carbohydrates, calcium, minerals and some fats. And yes, we do not miss fruits. Breakfast consists of whole-wheat bread, butter, cheese, cornflakes etc. Also I drink almost more than 2 litres of water a day. This helps in good digestion and bowel movements. I have again developed an increased appetite and feel like eating sweets. I guess he is developing a sweet tooth. Baby and I treat ourselves with ice-creams sometimes ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment