Richie joins nursery in Japan

Today was Richie's first day at the nursery. He completed 1 year just a few days back. And there he was, big boy, going to pre-school. I had to pack his bag with the necessary clothes and food items. Since it was the first time, it took a little while to arrange all his items. I was excited and looking forward to his days at the new place. My son was going to pre-school and going to be independent. Which mother won't feel proud? At the same time I was apprehensive thinking about how he will cope up with the separation. Last whole year, I was always there with him and he would be happy. But suddenly he will be among new people and above all people who speak a different language. But for kids, language doesn't matter. I was just hoping he will have a good time.

He was sleeping in the stroller on his way to the nursery. When we reached there he opened his eyes a little. The Sensei took him and asked me to carry on with my chores. It happened so fast that I didn't have much time to react. I felt emptiness inside me. Yeah, more than him, it was I who was sad of the separation. I felt like crying. But I knew I had to be strong. Because I have realised, whatever mood I am in, it effects him, distance doesn't matter. I tried to become cheerful and carry on with my chores.

In the evening, when I went to pick him up, he shouted with joy with tears in his eyes, "Mama, you left me and went. I am angry with you". "My sweetheart", I just hugged him. The Sensei told me he cried a little, and wanted someone to hold him. He din't eat much. My heart went out to him. My baby, I am so sorry. But you know what "You will soon love the new place and will want to go there again and again. You will become a strong individual too".

When we came home, we ate and played a lot. He seemed tired and after a warm bath, he slept away to glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment