Baby has started scribbling - 10.5 months old

Babies are voracious learners. They explore the world with their touch, eyes, ears and specially with their mouths. Whatever is in their hands goes in their mouths, however much you try to stop them.

Richie wants to do new stuff everyday. He easily gets bored with the same things. So I am always on a lookout for new toys, games etc. Last week we got him the Magic Board. With the Magic Board, kids can practice their writing skills over and over again! The magnetic “pencil” makes writing fun and simple…and the easy-to-use eraser bar lets kids clear the board in seconds.

Initially he learned to erase the letters by moving the eraser bar. He would smile to see the letters disappear. He would wait for me to write and then erase it himself. Seeing me write, he was fascinated, and tried pulling out the pencil from my hand. I held his hand and guided him. We drew straight lines and then circles. He was amazed. He tried it over and over again. And now he does it independently. He likes to watch this particular video "Sesame Street: Crayon Magic Letter I" and must be thinking to himself , after all it is magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment