A very very happy b'day dada, said Richie

As I am sitting and writing this blog early in the morning, my baby is wide awake. He has turned on his tummy and talking to the soft toys, his favourite baby Pooh and a pink teddy bear. :) In between his busy time, he is giving me glances and smiling whenever I turn back and acknowledge him.:) Ok wait, I got to see him. He is crying, maybe tired .........

I am back. He is fast asleep now. I sang some soft nursery rhymes for him. He loves it. He held me close and dozed off to sleep. He wanted “his mama” to be near him. He was feeling sleepy as this is not his usual wake-up time. Now let me tell you why he was awake so early...

Last night, at 11pm, we put off the bedroom lights and he went to sleep after a while. This is his everyday routine. Usually, he sleeps through the night, occasionally waking up for his feeds. He was sleeping away to glory with soft purring. Suddenly, the purring stopped so I looked his way. I saw him staring at me with his one eye open. I thought, maybe he is just dreaming or seeing angels. I told my hubby. When he saw dad, he was wide awake and smiling at him. We were surprised. Otherwise, he doesn’t get up even if there is noise. But yesterday it was different. He knew there was something special going on. And he did not want to miss it. There he was, wide awake, and saying, “Dada, a vedy vedy happy birthday to you”. We saw the clock. It was indeed 12am. OH WOW!! He was the first one to wish dada. What better present could dada have on his b’day?

But, did he really know that? Yesterday, I was telling him about dada’s b’day. But do you think he really understood what I meant? Last night’s event really made me wonder!! He is just over 4 months old now. And as if that was not enough, he woke up early the next morning and gave dada his “wide gummy smile” and kisses. He then was ready at the door (of course, mom was carrying him), saying “ have a nice day dada, see you home soon”. What is going on in their little brains, we will never know. But they are just wonderful to be with.

No comments:

Post a Comment